We take your privacy seriously. OnSide Limited (OnSide, we, us or our) provides an online mobile safety management system that stores information on risks, incidents, site location, employees and other general business information provided or entered by you. We provide a biosecurity solution using aggregated and anonymised information and data from secure third-party providers.
3. Personal information
In order to use the OnSide Platform, all users will need to submit certain personal information including their email address, name, address, telephone number and certain company information. You may be asked to submit further information from time to time as you continue to use the OnSide Platform.
OnSide may also collect aggregate technical information, which tracks traffic to the OnSide Platform and includes, but is not limited to, your device identifier, server address, IP address, domain (whether you are accessing the OnSide Platform from New Zealand or elsewhere), the application platform you are using, browsers used when accessing the OnSide Platform (including version), users’ search terms, pages accessed on the OnSide Platform, links that are clicked on, date and time of OnSide Platform visits, users’ operating systems, and any other such technical information relating to your use of the OnSide Platform.
We may collect and hold personal information about you from the following sources:
- you, by filling in the registration form when you subscribe to the OnSide Platform;
- indirectly, through your use of the OnSide Platform, including by automated technologies and interactions;
- through your interaction with our administrators, such as by telephone or email;
- through cookies (see section 4 below); and
- provided by third parties authorised by you.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services on the OnSide Platform not being available to you or a loss of some functionality.
- personalise your visits to the OnSide Platform;
- enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of the OnSide Platform;
- enable you to use certain services or functionality;
- evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on the OnSide Platform; and/or
- track website usage patterns.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
5. Use of information and data
The personal information that you provide will only be used for the following purposes:
- in connection with the services offered by OnSide, including:
- to enable you to access and use the OnSide Platform;
- to communicate with you in relation to your use of and access to the OnSide Platform;
- to send periodic emails you have subscribed to through your nominated email address or mobile text messages; and/or
- to monitor, develop and improve the OnSide Platform and ensure that content on the OnSide Platform is relevant, of interest to you and presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to provide services to the OnSide Community. You acknowledge that the OnSide
Community benefits from pooled information collected via the Website and/or the App. You will have access to that pooled information where it relates to you and Your Data will become part of that pool. Where you wish to cease using the Website and the App, then we will no longer collect information from you. Historical information (including Your Data) will continue to be held by OnSide where it also relates to other active members of the OnSide Community;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and/or
- for any other purposes that you authorise.
We may de-identify or anonymise your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to third parties. We may also provide aggregate usage information to third parties, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the OnSide Platform. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or anonymised information to any third party in a way that would identify you as an individual person. We also ask any recipient not to seek to reidentify individuals from data we provide.
6. Disclosure of information
OnSide will not disclose any of your personal information to any third party other than in the following circumstances:
- where the disclosure relates to the purposes for which the information was collected (as stated in section 5 above);
- where our third-party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, logistics and delivery, analysis, marketing and other services for us need to access information about you to perform services on our behalf. In such circumstances they do so under instruction from us, including requirements to abide by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. Some of these service providers may be located in countries other than yours or ours;
- where we believe that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, and our service providers may also do this; and
- as otherwise expressly permitted by you.
7. Access to and updates of information
You may request at any time to see the personal information about you that OnSide holds or to correct or update any such personal information. Please email OnSide at email@example.com.
OnSide sends to you via email (and in some cases inside the OnSide Platform messaging service) billing information, and product information, newsletters, notifications and marketing emails to which you have subscribed. Where appropriate, e-mail or in-platform communication will contain instructions describing how you can opt to be removed from the mailing list. If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you billing information and important administrative messages if you use the OnSide Platform.
9. Storage of information
OnSide will securely store your personal information either in New Zealand or any other country that OnSide may select from time to time to provide its services. We strive to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure or access, including through the use of network and database security measures, but cannot guarantee the security of any data we collect and store.
You must prevent unauthorised access to your account and personal information by selecting a strong password and protecting your password or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
OnSide may hold your personal information both before and after the cancellation of your account, but only for as long as OnSide is lawfully entitled to do so. OnSide may also retain de-identified information.
11. Links to other websites
Where the OnSide Platform provides links to other websites, OnSide is not responsible for the data protection/privacy/cookie usage policies of these other websites, and you should check the privacy policies on the other websites. If you use one of these links to leave the OnSide Platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Last updated 4 March 2020